Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Scariest Photo I've Ever Taken

brown black widow

Today I was out feeding my turtles, when I happened to look up in the corner of the screen support and saw a spider! For those that don't know, I have arachnophobia. I can spot a poisonous spider. So I went in and grabbed the wasp spray, there's no way I'm getting any closer than I need (yeah I grabbed the photo with a 50mm, but Photography is my passion, not Pest Control! I'm staying back!). I gave it a good spray. It takes a few minutes for the 'kill on contact, guaranteed results" spray to finish the job.

Feeling creeped out, something told me to look around. I just move my eyes and boom, another spider! I hit the spray again. This one took it a little harder, but when it fell down, I had a clear view of the hourglass! Confirmed Brown Widow! Didn't even know they existed! My eyes zoomed in like the old Batman show when they see the bad guy, I heard the sound effects and everything.

I go on to kill 5 more Brown Widows of all sizes, all in the same area of the porch - all tucked into a bottom corner. I'm getting on the phone with the exterminator it's such a small thing that it shouldn't be ignored anymore. Hope you enjoy the creepy pic!

1/320 second
f3.2
50mm
no color correction

No comments:

Post a Comment