Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Carnival - 2009 A.D.

In the old days, the original "Carnival" was a Christian tradition that came around just before Easter, and ended on "Fat Tuesday." Of course these carnivals were filled with the masquerades, floats, and live bands that are encompassed in the true celebration. More often though, especially in the states, we get these 'teaser' carnivals or "fairs" that pop up just about anywhere, anytime, and are probably looking to make a buck. It is that very effect I experienced last-night. I was driving by the movie theater, and like out of a scene from Alice in Wonderland the Carnival appears right in the middle of the parking lot! Needless to say this was not an opportunity I could pass up. I snapped a few images and headed straight to the ticket booth! I would like to share my favorite shot of the night:

No comments:

Post a Comment