Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DJ Romi Photoshoot!

DJ Romi

Last week I met an awesome new friend and client, her name is Romi. She is a DJ from Czech. She currently spins at Cleo's every Tuesday night. The theme of the shoot was simple, DJ! As I work with talented individuals like her, it only makes my job seem less like work. Romi was basically the Art Director for this shoot! I gave some very basic instruction early on, and the rest of the shoot we talked about music and her hometown.

I chose to use two small flash units to light the talent. This enabled us to move quickly and I could place the lights almost anywhere I wanted. I used an umbrella to soften the fill light and left the key as a bare flash. After taking some test shots, I turned the power up a little more to drown out the ambient light, which was a mixture of sun and incandescent lights. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment