Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TE - Still got love for Favre

Bahh...I had to bite my tongue for an entire day!!  Yesterday I got so sick of hearing people talk about Favre and how the Vikings could have won the game.  I have never been a Vikings fan (or Packers or Jets for that matter) but I do respect Mr. Brett Favre.  Come on, the man is great.  I mean three consecutive AP MVP awards?  I'm not even going to talk about the track record.  What gets me is how predictable people are.  Going online and hearing about the rants on "Brett's giant mistake" and how the game was in his hands.  Though there is some truth to this, lets not put the fate of the game in one play.  Consider Garrett Hartley's field goal at the end of the game.  Sure we can say the game was in his hands, but lets not forget Brees' three touchdown passes, and what about Thomas' 61 rushing yards and his touchdown?  I understand the backlash, but my position is, at that moment, the game was in that individual player's hands.  In other words, the game was in the hands of the TEAM.  Lets not forget that. /rant

In all honesty, it will not change my day whether or not Brett decides to retire [again].  But this man has proved his point time and time again, he is in this game to play, and he has the heart and the ability to lead entire teams to victory.  Sunday's game was nothing different.  If you check my twitter you will see that I knew the Saints would win all along, simply because their team had the most heart.  And in most situations, that is the team that will win.  Favre had heart, perhaps more than anyone on the field, but unfortunately his team was not playing the same game.  The Saints played their game, but obviously the Vikings are a more skilled team.  Yes, Brett slipped up on the last play; they all made mistakes, and they weren't in the game the way they should have been.

Bush was right, the Saint's did deserve to win...because they played with heart and they were on one accord.

Congratulations to Brett Favre for continuing to lead amongst all interferance!  And congrats to the Saints for their first Super Bowl appearance!

Favre after the Cowboys game. Photo by Andy King, AP

No comments:

Post a Comment